Thursday, August 02, 2007

Krystal Square Off IV


The time has arrived. The Schedule for the Krystal Square Off IV has been officially announced today. All you eaters out there need to trade in your comfy cross-country shoes for your track spikes as the analogy goes. Krystals is only 8 minutes to get down as many delicious burgers as you can.
Labor Day September 3, I will hop in my car for a short trip downtown. Yes, that's right. The 2nd Krystal qualifier is going to be right around the corner. In fact my drive will coincidentally about the same length of the contest. Last year I had Waffle House waffles the day before which set me back some. This year I will just have a few Chik'n Stik'ns and a Milkquake before the contest. By the time of the contest I am going to be hungry for some Krystal burgers.
But in all seriousness my Jacksonville numbers have actually been going down. My first year in Jacksonville I ate 30. Then last year in Jacksonville I ate 27. What this year, 24? If so, 24 is not a bad number. Oct. 24 is not only my birthday, but I have recently found that I share this birthday with none other the Krystal. In fact the Krystal hamburger restaurant chain was founded Oct. 24 1932. It's true. Check out the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krystal_%28restaurant%29 .
Whatever you do don't forget to mark September 3rd in your calendar! Enjoy your day off in downtown JAX near the river with some Krystal hamburgers. If you come you will not only get a good show. You will also have all your questions answered you have ever been wondering. Some of which may be, but more than likely are not: What was the significance of 24 again? How many Krystals can you really eat? Why on earth are you wearing smiley face glasses and tie in that picture? Who is that guy eating next to you and will he be back?

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Those glasses freak me out :-)

You will rock Krystals this year. Your rate of improvement has improved since last year. If you can eat 29 HDBs, you can eat at least that many Krystals.

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Smiley Face Glasses and the Black Cowboy Hat will meet again in Jacksonville. I look forward to the Labor Day Reunion. See you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home