Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Stand By Me" Blueberry Pie Contest



Wow! That contest looked like it was pretty messy(fun!?!?) I would never even fingerpaint as a child because I thought it was too messy. I am getting the shivers looking at the pictures. The pie itself does look really good though. Blueberries are rich in Vitamins A, C, E and beta-carotene as well as rich in the minerals potassium, manganese, magnesium. They are very high in fiber and low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. But this is just the tip of the nutritional iceberg, for recent studies tell us that of all fresh fruits and vegetables, blueberries provide the most health-protecting antioxidants, those valuable elements which prevent cancer-causing cell damage and may limit the changes wrought by age related diseases.
I love the whole castor oil thing keeping the contest true to the movie. Well done with the scarf/hanky fake reversal Legs.
The results were:

1. Pat: 9.172 (I think that is 4 pie titles now, not to mention strawberry cake, icecream, chocolate, etc.)
2. Tim Brown: 8.473 (Keep up the good work! You are well deserving of your top 15 ranking.)
3. Mongo Marquez: 6.564 (Always a solid eater. Flys under the radar, but is super. Sorry I couldn't find a pic of you. Send me one if you have one and I will post it.)
4. Kevin Ross: 5.585 (I am glad to see he is stepping his game up. I see my advice is helping. Nah, you are just getting better with each contest!)
5. Erik and Crazy Legs: 4.887 (I always knew they had very similar abilities, but a tie down to the thousandth of a pound. Incredible. Both also have a very star quality about there appearance too of course.)
7. Jason Erb 4.638 (I am still not sure if I have met Jason yet, but he has been doing contests for a while now. Always another solid eater.)
8. Cameron McKirdy 3.759 (I read the article on Cameron before the contest. Hopefully he had a lot of fun. Not a bad poundage either.)
9. Scott Sayer 3.3410 (Slayer! Well done.)
10. Shawn Kirby 3.0311 (Don't recognize the name, but managed to crack the 3 lbs.)
11. Skinnyboy 2.9212 (You gotta love the enthusiasm of Skinnyboy. I like to check out his site from time to time.)
12. Tim League 2.84 (Wow! Was this the guy with the crazy outfit? Very cool.)
(thanks eatfeats.com for the results)






3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way, your advice totally has helped me! I definitely am thankful for the tips you've given me.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger shawnsts said...

Hey Hall-

I am entering my first pizza eating contest in my town and heard that castor oil really helps. Is it true? If so how do you use it? How much and when?

Love the Blog. Can't wait to hear from you.

Shawn

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Hall "Hoover" Hunt said...

I hope the pizza contest did not already happen. The blogger was blocking me thinking it was a possible spam website.
Anyhow, no I would not use castor oil. I have never heard of anyone seriously using it with any success. I just take a few quick bites and then wash it down with water. The water softens up the dough and helps eat faster. The good thing about the water is that it eventually gets absorbed into your stomache lining. The oil on the other hand with really do a number on your gut if you know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home