Friday, January 19, 2007

RANKING, POLLS, ETC. ?


Recently I have been missing all of the different IFOCE rankings that use to be floating around the internet. At one point Bubba and Larry had rankings on their "buffet" website and Beautiful Brian also had rankings on his site too. These were both supplemental of course to the official IFOCE website.
I realize that if I do any rankings there will be "upsets" every week with a lower ranked eater beating a higher ranked eater. But doesn't it change from food to food and day to day anyways who ends up winning? So, no rankings are ever 100% accurate. Otherwise Ohio State would have killed Florida in the BCS national championship game. (I had to say it!) That is why I figured I may do my own rankings.
I always loved reading all the different rankings and could not wait to see when and how they changed. I am sure there are others out there that would love to see another set of rankings come out for the same reasons I would sit back and analyze them myself.
One ranking system I am thinking of having also may be something like the coaches poll. I would email/message a group of eaters and/or competitive eating fans/writers and have them vote in every week or month what they think the rankings should be. As you can tell I am not sure exactly how I am going to do it, but I have a good idea of what I want to do. Before I do anything though I wanted to see what you all think. Do you have any ideas of what, in your opinion would work best? Is there anyone that would like to volunteer to help vote in every week or month? I really want to try something out, for at least a little while and see how it turns out. I deifintely think a group effort would have everything turn out best, so if you are interested at all in helping out please let me know. Or if you have any ideas of your own please send me a message.
Thanks. I hope we can make something happen.

8 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger steakbellie said...

Hall,
I sent you an email this morning, but perhaps I have the wrong address?

Shoot me a line at

steakbellie@gmail.com

I'm interested in participating!

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this IFOCE only or would it be a true ranking of eaters AICE, IFOCE, etc?

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Dave S. said...

Got your message. The concept of a peer-created rankings systems is interesting. Count me in!

Feel free to contact me at shoffner1974@yahoo.com.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Hall "Hoover" Hunt said...

Steakbellie: I got the email. You are now on my list for the panel of voters.

the truth: Since I am only really familiar with the IFOCE eaters/contests I am only going to be doing IFOCE. I am not sure which contests you follow, but if you do consider yourself familiar with IFOCE events then you are more than welcome to participate in the polling. I am hoping for a broad representation on the voting panel.

mega munch: Glad to hear you are interested. Now that I have your email, you are on the list. I will be sending out an informative email about the voting in the near future.

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hall,
What's up? I like to be a voter in your poll. Ranking eaters is almost my favorite past time. Thanks for the consideration.

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hall,

The rankings I was putting up didnt stop, they are on my Myspace page now. I did finally find the time to finish the 2006 year so that is up now. I would also like to be part of yours if you need another.

Later,
Larry

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hall,

The rankings I was putting up didnt stop, they are on my Myspace page now. I did finally find the time to finish the 2006 year so that is up now. I would also like to be part of yours if you need another.

Later,
Larry

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Hall "Hoover" Hunt said...

Very cool Larry. I will have to check out your myspace more often to keep abreast of the new rankings.
Loren and Larry: I can use as many people voting that want to vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home