Thursday, April 24, 2008

8th Annual Sweet Corn Fiesta


I am very much looking forward to the Sweet Corn Championship. The contest will take place in the Yesteryear Village which is located on the South Florida Fairgrounds in suburban West Palm Beach, FL. I have not competed in any contest since the Krystal Square Off World Hamburger Eating Championship, so I am very excited to get out to this corn eating contest. I know the corn will be good and hopefully I will have some good old Florida fans cheering me on. I love the cheering of the fans and getting to hang out with the other eaters after the contest. An atmosphere with great fans and competitors always makes my trips on the eating circuit worth every minute.

According to the last press release I have read some of the other contestants will be Joe LaRue, Crazy Legs, and Sonya Thomas. I am not sure who is going, but I have personally talked to Joe and Crazy Legs. I think I heard Wing Kong is going too. All I know is that it is me against the corn. I have to attack each kernel of corn with a pure rage.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Erik "the Red" Denmark said...

Hey Hall. Thanks for the post. But I see from your Yardbarker comments that you are rooting for Joey? I see how it is. Na, I am just messing with you, I am rooting for Joey's new haircut as well. Dude, corn is one of those "who knows what is going to happen?" foods. You can win, I'll even root for you in spite of you rooting against me. Seriously though, good luck, I am sure I'll see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home